The Capital Wing – CAF will be at the Lancaster Airport June 24-25, 2023. Along with static displays, war bird rides will be available for purchase. To book your ride in advance, please visit https://www.capitalwingwarbirdrides.org/.
Aircraft Offering Rides
- TBM Avenger Torpedo Bomber. Largest and heaviest single-engine bomber of WWII.
- Boeing PT-17 Stearman Open Cockpit Bi-Plane. Primary trainer in WWII.
- Fairchild UC-61 Forwarder.
- Carries 3 passengers. Children ages 5-12 can be on board.
- Stinson L-5 Sentinel. Forward air controller warbird from WWII.
Tours Available | Saturday Only
- Douglas C-47B transport. Not a converted civilian DC-3 but an original WWII military warbird.
- Japanese Fuji LM-1. only one of 4 still flying anywhere in the world.
- French Alouette II. World’s first gas turbine powered helicopter.
- B-26 Machine Gun Turret. Only one outside a museum.
- TBM “wing walk.” Unique opportunity to walk on the wing of a WWII bomber and see the cockpit.
- Capital Wing PX (Post eXchange.) Selling warbird-themed items of all kinds.
*Aircraft and attractions appearance subject to weather and/or unanticipated maintenance and/or pilot availability.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS FOR CAR RENTAL CONCESSIONS AT
The Lancaster Airport Authority seeks proposals from experienced rent-a-car
concessionaires. Requests for Proposals may be obtained at 500 Airport Road, Suite G, Lititz, PA 17543, call (717) 569-1221, fax request to (717) 569-1952, or to e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals are due by 3:00 pm. on Wednesday, June 7, 2023 in a sealed envelope labeled “Rent-A-Car Concession Bid.” A Pre-Bid meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at 11:00 am in-person and by Zoom. The Lancaster Airport Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability or familial
status in employment or the provision of services. The Lancaster Airport Authority is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Southern Airways Express